Sunday, November 7, 2010

My hope... Krispy Kreme = Church

Let me start by saying the following:

The Spirit of Christ can do more than any human can fathom.
The Spirit of Christ does do much more than I can fathom.

My fear is this, on the other hand; there are many who are turned off to the possibility of a relationship with Christ because their childhood, church experience was terrible. I remember growing up in Church, crawling under seats. The truth is that many have a poor church experience, and they say no to that. Because they have said "no" to the church, they end up saying "no" to Christ.

So, this is my hope: I want my church to be like Krispy Kreme. Think about it. Krispy Kreme took the time to make and excellent product, one that some have driven hours for. They then sell that product to the public.

Once again, let me say that church is not something to be sold. It is not a big business. It is something that deserves excellence. Let's make a remarkable church and give that to people. Let's let people find Christ in the excellence of what we do. There are so many churches that settle for a mediocre product. Let's bury that notion, and let's do the AMAZING thing that Christ has called us to do.

We need not to stop dreaming big. God is capable. Believe that!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment