Tuesday, November 16, 2010

5 stages of grief

Have you ever heard of the five stages of grief, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance?

Those who are soon to meet their last breath usually have these symptoms, or expressions of emotion, before they get there. At the same time, it is not uncommon for loved ones of the soon departed to go through these emotions as well.

I have a thought.

I have had a particular dream for several years, since I started college in 2003. In recent history, I came to the realization that this dream was about to take it's last breath, and I wen through these same symptoms. Truly, I went through all of these. You can ask my wife.

So, my thought is this: I think the grief of a dying idea can manifest itself in these same symptoms. Once again, you can ask my wife. I know, in my life, I can trace each one of these symptoms as my idea has approached its last breath.

I accept now that this particular dream may never happen. Upon reaching acceptance, on the other hand, I can now move on to the thing that is next for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment