Monday, September 12, 2011

...when I grow up.

When I was young, I wanted to be the President of the United States. Later in life, I wanted to be a meteorologist, so I could be on TV. Later I wanted to be a youth pastor. Most recently, I have a dream to start a church that will reach the world.

Right now...

I work at an apartment complex.

I'm not saying that I am ungrateful. Just recently, my wife told me that my paycheck showed over 120 hrs of work for two weeks. I have learned alot about myself through this job, but this is not what I want to do.

When we were young, we dreamed of the best for ourselves, and as we grew older that changed. Maybe that's why God wants us to have "childlike faith." It is at that point that we are aware of our potential through Christ, and we press towards it, regardless of what our situation is.

We dream because when we dream like a child, it's not a question of maybe, it's a question of when.

"For I know the plans (dreams) that I have for you Declares the Lord..."

Take a step back and realize that all things, plans, dreams, are possible through Christ!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Really inspiring to me this morning. Thanks Nigel.

    ReplyDelete