Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Love

"Through timeless words and priceless pictures, we'll fly like birds out of this earth. And times, they turn; and, hearts disfigure. But, that's no concern when we're wounded together. And, we tore our dresses and stained our shirts, but it's nice today. Oh, the wait was so worth it."
I think life gives you a bad hand at times. It's actually something we are promised. Words were spoken that said, "In this world, you will have trouble," and the truth is that you know what I'm talking about. It could be a dead car battery or the loss of a loved one. 
In the end, people are put in our paths to help us cope. When you are down and out, they will get in the gutter, get dirty with you, and help get you out. 
Me, I am so glad my wife is so strong, because she has met me in the gutter many times. She has pulled me out. Now, we are strong and life is good. More trouble will come. I might as well embrace that. I can also embrace the fact that "my paradise" will be there to get dirty with me. I rather have a crappy day with her by my side than a million good days with anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment