Sunday, August 22, 2010

I love new things

I love meeting new people. I love going to new places and finding the diamonds in the rough. I don't know if you are like me, at all, but I enjoy the newness of life. An old college roommate of mine looked me up on facebook, and I saw that he had a blog. I thought, what a great new way for me to dialogue my thoughts. I don't know or care if you choose to read them, but I thought it was something new and fresh that I could try. I know blogs have been around for years, but it's new to me; so, shut up.

It may become a little dangerous, my love of new things, because things don't stay new forever. Relationships don't stay new. People don't stay new and young. Possessions don't stay new. I think, on the other hand, that our perception of things, people, and situations can refresh itself. "This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." What is inherent in that scripture is that everyday is new. Every new day is one that we are given and is one that we can enjoy. The people in my life are new to me everyday, even though I may have known them for years. The possessions I have are full of life, even though I have had them for a while. The experiences that I have day in day out are not repetitive, but they capable of being something special every time I see them.

I love new things, and with the right perception even the same, older things can seem new to me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment