Saturday, September 18, 2010

Set Some Goals

I would not consider myself to be a goal setter. In the past couple of weeks, however, I felt it important to set some goals. You see, I am currently working at an apartment complex as an assistant manager. At the property that I work at, they hire assistant managers with the sole purpose of making them management. There is no "maybe." I will definitely become a manager. All I have to do is stick with it, and I will make it there.

That said, the manager is training me to become a manager. So, I have set some goals for myself. This is what they are:

1.) Get the managers to 0-0: That means, every apartment must be filled, (the easy part) and all of the maintenance must be done for the month (surprisingly the hard part)

2.) Remember things that the manager might forget about: I want to exceed his expectations. I want to do things that he hasn't thought of doing to better the company and the property.

3.) Help get our managers to become managers of the year: There are a number of criteria for them to get this. It's difficult.

4.) Get to management: That's the reason I am at this company. I want to manage my own property.

5.) Leave no vacancies. I want every apartment to be full.

6.) Get 0-0: No vacancies. No incomplete maintenance.

7.) Become manager of the year.

8.) Receive manager of the year on a consistent basis.

9.) Regularly train new managers.

10.) Become Supervisor.

What goals have you set for yourself?
I encourage you to make some.
These are just business goals that I have for myself. I would eventually like to adopt, start a church, have my own child, and a number of other things that come along with family. Still, think about your goals. Write them down. Stretch yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment