Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Passionate???

I know everyone remembers the question, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I'm sure we have all heard that question. Truth be told, I don't remember when I was asked that question. Still, there was a time in my life that I had made up my mind that I wanted to be a meteorologist. I didn't like weather, tornadoes, or storms, but I loved the fact that I could potentially be on TV. That was all that I needed. I wanted to make my mark on the airwaves.

After I got some things figured out, I decided to go into ministry. First, I wanted to be a youth pastor, but I'm really bad with that group of individuals. I can plan events. I can hang out, but there is a disconnect.

I'm really not good with that group of persons.

I am good with mid-age adults. I am good with young children. So, it would make sense that I would pursue one of those two areas. Right now, I am an assistant apartment manager, and I am working towards management.

Are you surprised?

I have heard this said, "just because you have made a wrong turn doesn't mean you have lost your way." I fully believe I will not be a meteorologist. I know I will not be a fire fighter. But, there is a dream that God has put in my heart. He told me, "this is what you will be when you grow up." I am going to hang on to that. For whatever reason, I have made a wrong turn, but I have not lost my way. There is a goal that I am heading towards.

Maybe you look at your life and you think you have "missed it." Maybe there was a business that you wanted to start, and it didn't happen. Maybe there was a song you were going to write, but you never learned how to play guitar.

Make today be the day that you get up and head towards your goal. You may think it is too late. I don't think so. You may have to reevaluate how things may get done, but there is a goal that you were meant to reach. There is a thing you are supposed to do. You are still going to be something when you grow up. GET IT DONE. figure out how to do it, and make it happen. Ray Charles was blind, and he still made music. GET IT DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment