Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Isn't that a little fast? Ha ha... That's what she said.

There is a trend right now in several churches to streamline the Sunday morning service down to an hour or an hour and fifteen minutes.  I'm not trying to insult any one pastor; so, don't think this is directed at you... or maybe it is just for you.

I have recently watched several of my favorite churches, and I realized that they take their time. The worship is full, the preaching is full. They take their time. I know your church may be different. I know I may be the product of my mom's church, but I love being with others in worship. Don't get me wrong. I worship on my own as well. Don't get me wrong. I spend time in The Word. Still, what's the rush? Can Sunday lunch not wait 30 minutes? People are hungry, they have a sickness and the only prescription is Christ in his fullness.

I know Christ can move quickly, but some people need a little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment